Psalm 100:4 (Courtesy of BibleGateway.com)
King James Version (KJV)
I went to work yesterday, and there’s a little church that sits across street. I parked my car and happened to look at the church’s billboard. It had Psalms 100:4 on it:
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”
I paused and reflected on the scripture the rest of the day. With the holiday season upon us, we are always rushing. You know how it goes, buying food, making plans, shopping, cleaning, thinking about guest coming, FRUSTRATED, etc…. Instead of enjoying this wonderful holiday season, we wish for it to end. Then, we began the blitz again planning for the next holiday. We as a people need to stop, and give thanks every day.
Since I believe people should practice what they preach, I will pause and list the top 10 things I am grateful for:
1. I am grateful for a God who loves me so much that he sent his son Jesus to die for my sins.
2. I am grateful for my family, who is not perfect, but the one the Lord has given me.
3. I am grateful for my church family who encourages me all the time.
4. I am grateful for my job, might not make a lot of money, but I enjoy the work I am doing and I love going to work….sometimes (smile). Plus I love my co-workers.
5. I am grateful for seeing another day and having the activity of my limbs.
6. I am grateful for the new opportunities that have come my way.
7. I thank God I live in country where I am free.
8. I am grateful for my friends
9. I am grateful for a roof over my head, clothes, shoes, and food
10. Finally I am grateful that I am in my right mind.
Your turn, tell me what you are grateful for and enjoy the rest of the day!!! May God richly